Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2012 Tractor Cruise

  
 Union, Missouri
09-09-2012

























The fifth annual Knights of Columbus Journey for Charity "Tractor Cruise" took place on Sunday, Sept 9th.    The 30-mile cruise travels from St. Clair to Washington to help raise money and collect food for area pantries. The Knights of Columbus from all over the county take part in the event.  My brother Robert (a priest) is the pastor of the St. Claire Catholic Church in St. Clair, Missouri and he officiated at the blessing of the tractors at the start of the cruise.  Between eighty and one hundred tractors were expected to take part. We were visiting with friends when about forty tractors, making their way from Union to St. Clair for the start of the cruise, passed by their house.  This was one of them.  



Linking to Thematic Photographic
This weeks theme is Retro 

Also Linking to: 













14 comments:

  1. Lindo trator e foto!beijos,chica e ótimo dia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always been a fan of tractors. love them. my dad would give me a ride since early, early childhood. i feel i was born on one. ha. ha!! my biggest dream is to own a huge one. a big old green one, with monster huge tires & a view of the world surrounding me. but i wonder if that will ever happen? a girl can dream, no? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see that Tractor parade! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An event I have never heard of but sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that would be a very cool cruise to see! Lucky you! At our state fair we have an area they call, Machinery Hill, and they have a bunch of old tractors sitting there huffing and puffing away, all day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A neat and unique celebration! Be fun to watch that parade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a worthwhile event--and so much fun for the participants as well. Sadly, we are coming to the time of year when hunger becomes and even greater problem. I love fall and winter, but life becomes much harder for some then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those things were built to last, not surprising that it's still running.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a cool cruise! Wonderful addition to WW! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool - it just shouts solidity and service.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The driver looks very determined! What a great charity to do the drive for! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the juxtaposition of tractors and a bucolic residential neighborhood. Reminds me of the Sesame Street song where one of these things does not belong. Of course, tractors DO belong, for without them no one eats. I live just close enough to the edge of town - a five minute walk from my house - that farms are a regular part of my daily routine. I love the sound of an approaching tractor. It means something good is happening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.